Each group member is to develop their own strategies for testing their prototype. The individual member will design a test for a specific and unique aspect of the prototype. Each test will be conducted with a minimum of 3 test subjects from their defined user group.
The whole group needs to collect and aggregate the member’s test results that outline:
- the objectives of the testing
- what methodologies were applied and why
- how the test was conducted
- an analysis of the results
- how this will determine further design work
The testing will require a plan to initiate the process including both individual and group components. All of this work needs to organized as a single group document with authors credited for individual components. This work will be posted to the group sites and printed out in hard copy for submission.
1. User Test Plan – This plan will consist of the following 4 parts:
- User Test Design – individual – use the DECIDE framework to develop the methodology
- Project Brief – group
- Test Script – individual
- Consent Form – individual
User Test Plan – due Mar 7 – for review. Final submission to hand in with User Test Report (see below)
2. User Test Report – This report will consist of these two parts:
- An analysis of test results – individual:
- the testing procedure – how things went; what actually occurred during the testing? expectations met? any challenges or surprises
- findings – what did you discover about your designs? what are the answers to your “big” questions?
- reflection – how did you find this process, what you have learned? would you change anything next time?
- Synthesis of user test results to formulate an integrated group report with the objectives of the new design requirements clearly stated – group
All of the User Testing phase will be due in class Mar 14